Patients please note:
Please do not attend your GP surgery if you have any reason to suspect you may have been in contact with corona virus, or you have any cold or flu-like symptoms.
IMPORTANT UPDATE AS AT 21/04/2021
Please do not contact your GP Practice to ask for a Covid vaccination passport or status certificate – they will not be able to provide any standard document. International certification standards have not yet been agreed.
The Scottish Government is working to support the re-opening of international travel once it is safe to do so. We are working with the other UK Nations and with the World Health Organisation to agree on potential future COVID certification requirements for international travel.
As part of this, a technical solution is being developed that could allow people to access their Covid vaccination status directly
LATEST UPDATE AS AT 17/03/2020
To all our patients, We need your help. Please share this info if you can.
Similar to what the supermarkets are saying, we have capacity to help everyone who needs us most, but only if everybody uses our service wisely. The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is placing unprecedented strain on the practice.
We are receiving several hundred more queries per day than normal in addition to managing with own staff absence. The answer to most of the queries we are getting can be found online and do not need medical advice. Please do not ask for sick notes. The government is urging employers and employees to have a flexible and common-sense approach to medical certification at this time. This will also help to reduce the pressure on GP services. Please, if you have a general enquiry about coronavirus, or need advice about whether you need to isolate your self or your family, please check the Government website or nhsinform for advice rather than contact us.
Only contact us if you are significantly worried about the symptoms you are suffering, mainly only if you are having difficulty breathing.
The main websites to use are:
We are working flat out to attend to all of those that do need our help.
Many thanks for your help and support throughout this difficult time.
Please Use the National Health Service Wisely
There are many problems which do not require a Doctor or Nurse. It is important that everyone uses their local GP and A&E departments appropriately, this ensures we are available for serious health problems. Other local NHS services you can contact for health advice, information or treatment.
- Remember that the local pharmacies all offer a Minor Ailment service which should be the first point of call for ailments such as :
- Coughs & colds
- Hay Fever
- Back Ache
- Head lice
- + Many more. Leaflets are available at the pharmacies
- The first point of contact for dental problems, eye problems and foot issues should be your Dentist, Optician or Podiatrist who will refer you to the GP if required
- Please be patient when calling the practice. Large call volumes mean that there may be a wait until the receptionist can answer your call. We will answer as soon as we can
- It may be that you called in the morning to request a call back but due to high volumes of calls your slot is later in the day. Please allow time for the GP to call you back
- All prescriptions must be ordered in writing or online for audit purposes
- Local pharmacies can set up an agreement with you where they will order your medication and collect the prescription for you to save you coming to the surgery to collect it. Speak to your pharmacy
- Prescription requests take 48 hours for a repeat prescription and 5 days for an acute. Make sure you order in time!
- Please try to order your medication timely. If the order is too soon it will not be processed, too late and we may not be able have it ready when you need it. We recommend 7 – 10 days prior to the end of your current medication
- Should you have any complaints or concerns regarding the practice please let us know directly either verbally or in writing. This will allow us to investigate, respond to you and if possible take any action required to improve our service