GDPR is a new law that determines how your personal data is processed, kept safe and the legal rights that you have in relation to your own data. The regulation applies from 25 May 2018.
What GDPR will mean for Patients/Staff
- Must be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- Collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Must be limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
- Must be accurate and kept up to date.
- Must be held securely.
- It can only be retained for as long as is necessary for the reasons it was collected.
- Being informed about how their data is used.
- To have access to their own data.
- To ask to have incorrect information changed.
- To restrict how their data is used.
- Move their patients/staff data from one organisation to another.
- To object to their personal information being processed (in certain circumstances).
Leaflets are available in our waiting rooms and from our reception desk.